Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I survived, Now what???

I never imagined that I would make it to the day that I graduate? I'm extremely proud of myself and can honestly say that school is rough and that any person that has went to college I admire. Its crazy how the first few years of school i hated it! Now that I am graduating I want more? I dont know for sure that I want to keep going to school because I like it I just know that I am afraid of life! I have been extremely blessed the last six years with an amazing job abd being able to live at home. Now it is time that I need to grow up, move out , and get a real life teaching job! I am excited to start this new adventure but I am scared! I hope that I am ready........ For the last two months I have been student teaching at Mt. Ogden Junior High school. It was soooooooo hard! The HARDEST thing I have ever done! I admire anyone that is a teacher. People do not understant how hard it is to be a teacher. Well that is if you want to be a good one. Teachers don't just work 8 hour days. They easily work 12 plus! All I can say is that they deserve way more recognition for what they do and maybe more pay? The first month of student teaching I wanted to quit everyday. I felt like nobody listened and I couldn't really teach. After awhile I started building relationships with these students. I learned to truly care about them and I felt like they knew that. I love junior high kids. So many kids come from different backgrounds. These kids really have hard lives and I really felt that in some ways I made a difference. The last day of class I got many hand written notes and while reading them I understand why people teach. It is worth all the grading papers and kids talking back to you non-stop. I learned a lot about myself during this experince. I am now a professional multi-tasker! I really hope that those kids stay in school and graduate!!! Now it is time for job searching and summer!!!!!!!! wha hooo I love summer time:)

1 comment:

Jose M said...

Sharlee i know you! Give me a call or text me so we can catch up! :) 385-439-8156