Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going Back to Junior High School?

The new Year has begun and I am extremely nervous! I never thought I would see the day come when I was actually going to graduate. Well in a few months I will officially be a school teacher.. well I hope? I have been placed to teach at Mt. Ogden Junior High school. The teachers seem great! One Geography and one health. I am so nervous!!!!!!! I went into teaching this age group because I love people. I love teenagers especially junior high kids. They are full of drama and a little weird. I think that is why I like them because who is to say that I'm not a little weird and dramatic? I'm not so nervous about the connecting and being around them part. I am nervous about getting the respect I deserve. I had a great time in junior high. But I do remember struggling with self esteem and friends. I want to be able to make all kids feel like they are worth something and smart. I haven't been blessed with many physical talents like sports,dance, or singing. The talents that I have been given are from within and I hope that I can use them to connect well with students and help them to succeed. So here we go 2012! I can do this and I will finally say goodbye to Weber State soon! (Well for a least a little break). :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you! Good job! I wish I was there too, but who knows if that'll ever happen, I did everything backwards, and I have to be happy with what I have for now.
You will do so great as a teacher and I know what you mean...I also feel like I have no talents so I have take pride in who I am as a wife, mother, and friend. I hope to see you soon!! Have no fear at your new job-- you are a smart, kind, and confident woman!!

johny said...

layout is amazing

dailylinkbuilding
blogcommenting